We take the time to get to know each new patient and answer any questions you may have, and always do what we can to make you feel comfortable throughout your entire visit. This is particularly important because putting off dental visits can impact your oral health and turn small issues into bigger ones. The American Dental Association recommends dental visits every six months for regular checkups and routine cleanings.
Your comfort is very important to us, and our staff wants to provide you with the best possible experience. We know a trip to the dentist can cause nervousness or fear for some, no matter what your age.
What to Expect
On your first appointment with us, we will take digital x-rays, and do a thorough exam to determine if any dental treatment is needed. The exam involves checking your teeth and gums for cavities and early signs of gingivitis.
You will need to bring some information with you for your first visit, including:
- Dental insurance information
- Complete list of your medications
- Name and phone number of your primary care provider
There will also be some forms we will ask you to read and sign electronically. These forms include:
- Medical History: You will be asked for medical history information which is documented electronically
- Treatment Consent Form: This form allows us to treat you as a patient
- Patient Appointment Policy: States our appointment policy; including appointment reminders, and appointment cancellations
- Right to Privacy Notification: Informs you of your rights to expect privacy when it comes to your medical history, and any procedures you receive with MCDC
Please keep in mind a dental appointment can take between 45 and 90 minutes, so make sure to schedule enough time in your day when making your appointment.
MCDC is committed to providing the highest quality of oral health care in the gentlest manner possible. Once you visit us, you will find that our staff is friendly, helpful, and always ready to answer your questions or help you.